Automotive window tint is one of the most popular car enhancements available today. DeDona Tint and Sound offers window tinting for all kinds of vehicles, including cars, SUVs, trucks, and RVs. Aside from aesthetic appeal, there are many reasons that vehicle owners choose to have automotive window tint professionally installed.
1. Reduce heat and avoid overheating. Heat build-up in your car is not only uncomfortable for you and your passengers, it can put a strain on your engine and air-conditioning system as well. Tinted windows help to minimize the accumulation of heat within a vehicle. In fact, some films on the market today offer an 85 to 95% heat rejection rate. That translates into a much cooler car, even on the hottest and most humid days.
2. Protect your vehicle’s interior. The UV rays of the sun can damage the interior of your car. Upholstery may fade after long-term exposure to the sun. Leather seats may crack and become brittle as well. Tinted windows block 99% of the sun’s harmful rays, protecting your car’s interior from pre-mature aging.
3. Protect your skin. Just like your car’s interior, your skin is susceptible to damage from the UVA and UVB rays that filter into your vehicle through the windows. Sun damage to your skin can lead to cancer. Window tinting can block those damaging rays and prevent you and your passengers from dangerous sun exposure.
4. Reduce glare. Tinted windows help reduce the glare of the sun during daytime driving and the glare of headlights at night. This reduction will allow drivers to have a clearer view of the road and ideally, be able to avoid deadly accidents.
5. Improve fuel-efficiency. Because tinted windows keep a car’s interior so much cooler, there is less strain put on the vehicle’s engine and air-conditioner. Drivers are able to save some money because they will not be wasting fuel by cooling down their car dramatically each time it has been sitting for long periods of time.
6. Protection during an accident. In the event of an accident, window tint can help shattered glass hold together, protecting you and your passengers from dangerous shards of glass that may result from an impact.
7. Improve security. Window tinting blocks a potential thief’s view of the valuables inside your vehicle. A criminal is less likely to break-in to a car unless he knows that there is something he wants. Darkened windows can deter thieves who attempt to “smash-and-grab” valuables from your vehicle.
8. Improves appearance. Tinted windows add a sophisticated style to any vehicle. Whether you prefer to make a bold statement or desire a subtler look, various shades of tint are available to fulfill all of your style requirements. However, drivers must follow local window tinting regulations and guidelines in order to avoid costly fines and tint removal.
Visit DeDona Tint and Sound in Greensboro, NC for expert installation of automotive window tint for all types of vehicles. With over 20 years of experience in the industry we have raised the standard for automotive tint in the Triad. Call us at (336) 851-1300 to schedule your appointment now!